01 02 03 Down In My Heart Joy!: Doll Carrier custom Wrap Conversion Full Buckle WCFB SSC 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Doll Carrier custom Wrap Conversion Full Buckle WCFB SSC

34
A friend of mine sewed carriers for her kids, small enough to fit the child to carry their doll or stuffed animal.  I loved how they turned out, and asked her to sew one for Jax. I had her use the leftover scrap pieces of some wraps that made a custom carrier I own, that I carry Jax in. So we have matching carriers. Pretty cute.  It fits him really well.

I took photos of him wearing "Baby Noel" (a 10" baby doll), and also wearing "Toby", (a 20" doll, so pretty much newborn size).  Toby is a bit too large for the carrier, but my friend has photos of her kids wearing 12" and 16" dolls in their carriers, and they fit fine. Toby fit, and didn't fall out, but was oversized and a bit floppy.

I had to bribe Jax with chocolate to get him to stand still outside while I took these "action photos."  However, at least a couple times a week he wants to carry one of his dolls or animals in the carrier, and requests me to put it on him.  I have a doll-sized wrap that he can use as well, but the buckles on this carrier make it quicker and easier to put on him, plus it stays put better, since he won't hold still too well for me to put the wrap on him properly.

I'm hoping he will still enjoy carrying his dolls once his sibling arrives, and is being worn in carriers.  Although I'm confident he will be disappointed that he can't wear Noel in his own carrier. He's already told me he plans to carry baby Noel in his own carrier ;-)

From everything I've read, if a child is old enough and strong enough to carry their sibling in their arms, they are old and strong enough to wear them for the same amount of time.  Since I wouldn't let Jax carry a newborn in his arms, I won't be letting him wear a newborn either.

However, with the 20" doll strapped onto him, it amazed me to see this photos, and remember that Jax was about that size when he was born... just an inch longer.  It's going to be crazy and fun to see him with his new brother or sister in a few months!

And for anyone who is geeky about wraps, Jax's carrier is made from Ellevill Organica Theo (the diamond weave pattern) and Didymos Natural Hemp India "NHIndia" which is originally a natural beige color, this one was dyed navy blue.













Labels: ,

35 36 37 38